- By increasing your general level of activity (such as walking, biking, taking the stairs, parking your car out farther, etc.) and specific types of exercise, you can affect your fat distribution and decrease your risk.
- Exercising and sports will help burn off the most calories and tone muscles throughout the body. To gain a firm abdomen and reduce your midsection circumference to a degree, specific exercises will tighten the core abdominal wall muscles, but if your body is still storing fat, that will continue internally behind the abdominal wall.
There is the saying that ‘abs are made in the kitchen’. If you want a smaller midsection, you must have a healthy diet in addition to exercising, which includes eating a balance of certain food groups, vitamins, and minerals.
- When your goal is to decrease your midsection measurement and decrease your weight, one way to simply understand it is this, you must have more calories being burned daily with exercising, than the calories you’re consuming daily. You’ll also need to exercise 3-5 times per week to reach your fitness goal.
If you think you’re carrying dangerous fat around your midsection and are looking to decrease your numbers and improve your overall health, I’d love the chance to work with you and help you reach your health and fitness goals. Click on the Time For Change Personal Training Services tab above to see how I can help you get started today.
Boost Your Metabolism and Burn More Fat
Metabolism is the key to weight loss, and all you need to know is the higher your metabolism, the more calories you’ll burn. How do you boost your metabolism and burn more fat? Your metabolic rate is influenced by your genetics, but exercising and watching what foods you eat can really boost your metabolism into high speed.
Not all exercises are created equal when it comes to boosting your metabolism, so you must choose the best ones to obtain this goal. You’re looking for exercises that do three things: burn calories during the workout, burn more fat and additional calories directly after the workout, and exercises that increase lean muscle mass which will then help you burn more calories and boost your metabolism.
Exercises To Boost Your Metabolism and Burn More Fat
When you do an endurance workout that has a steady speed throughout, such as cardio machines for 45 minutes plus, you are burning calories, but you’re not going to get the burning of calories afterwards or building of muscle mass, so this only meets one requirement and is not the best choice to boost your metabolism.
Interval Training is a type of cardio workout where you push yourself at a high intensity for a short period of time and then recover at a slower intensity of exercise. This will help you burn calories during the workout as well as give you burning of additional calories after your workout.
Strength Training or lifting weights is one of the best choices for boosting your metabolism because it helps you burn more fat and calories during and after your workout, and it helps increase your lean muscle mass. Time For Change Personal Training uses a combo of Strength Training and Interval Training to help you boost your metabolism big time and burn more body fat.
Foods To Boost Your Metabolism and Burn More Fat
Don’t waste your time working out if you’re going to miss the crucial step of feeding yourself the right foods. A good workout and healthy diet go hand in hand, so you’ll need a variety in your healthy diet. The recommended carbohydrate intake for adults is 50-70% of total caloric intake (stick with only complex carbohydrates), 15-30% for protein, and 10-30% for lipids (good fats and oils). Also, aim for an intake of 25 grams of fiber per day, and at a minimum, drink half of your body weight in ounces of water daily.
If you’re needing guidance on choosing the right exercises for the best benefit and what nutrition will help you lose weight, then click on the contact me tab above to get on the right track with your health!
- Do You Need A Nutrition Consultation?
- The Scoop On Sugar
- Finding The Courage To Ask For Help
- Actions Today = Better Health Tomorrow
- Commit To Get Fit in 2014…The Healthy Weight Loss Challenge Could Earn You Cash!
- Healthy Strategies For The Holidays
- What Are The Health Benefits Of Blending vs Juicing
- Good Fats vs Bad Fats
- Detoxify Your Body For Life
- Keep Low Back Pain At Bay With Exercising
- Enhance Your Workouts With A Fitness Group Or Boot Camp Class
- How To Assess If You Are Making Fitness Improvements
- Health Benefits of Reducing Stress
- How To Avoid Injuries When Starting A Fitness Routine
- Not Getting Results From Your Workouts?
- How Does Leucine Help With Weight Loss?
- Shaklee 180 Turnaround Weight Loss Program
- New Year’s Fitness Goals and Specials
- Mobile Personal Trainer | In-Home Personal Training
- Are You Carrying Dangerous Fat Around Your Midsection?
- Women’s Fitness Specialist
- Ways to Stay Fit This Fall
- Benefits of Battle Ropes and Kettlebells, Plus My Top Fitness Tips
- Weight Training
- Hydration and Sports Nutrition For Your Workouts
- Boost Your Metabolism and Burn More Fat
- What is your Body Mass Index?
- Firestone CO Personal Trainer | Firestone, CO Personal Training
- Erie, CO Personal Training | Erie, CO Personal Trainer
- Longmont Personal Trainer | Longmont Personal Training